Monday, April 30, 2012

Star Phantoms Project Complete!

My original goal was to have 1850 points of Star Phantom goodness completed for the March tournament at Gamers Sanctuary.  However, babies and work conspired to push my deadline back.  If that wasn't enough, GS bumped the point value of the tournament in April up to 2250.  My solution was simple; VINDICATORS! I love the Demolisher cannon and they are a very fluffy choice for my siege-breaking marines.  Mission accomplished!


Here is my list:
Captain: Combi-Melta, Power Fist, Digital Weapons
Librarian: Epistolary, Storm Bolter, Vortex of Doom, and Gate of Infinity
10 Scouts: 8 Sniper Rifles, Heavy Bolter, Power Fist
2 X 10 Tactical Marines: Combi-Melta, Power Fist, Melta Gun, Multi-Melta in a Drop Pod
Ironclad Dreadnought: Ironclad Launchers, 2 Heavy Flamers, 2 Hunter-Killer missiles, Drop Pod w/Locator beacon.
Dreadnought: Extra Armour, Drop Pod w/Locator Beacon.
5 Terminators: Thunder Hammer/Storm Shields.
Land Raider Redeamer: Multi-Melta, Extra Armour
Devastator Squad: 2 Plasma Cannon, 2 Heavy Bolters.
2X Vindicators: Extra Armour, Siege Shields.

I actually managed to play two rounds in the tournament as well before a splitting sinus headache forced me to volunteer for the bye in round three.  I was nearly tabled both times, but had two very fun games.

On a whim, I decided to take advantage of the table space and good lighting at GS to take a few army shots for this post.  The TO knew I was leaving and reminded me of the painting portion of the event.  After looking over my army and comparing it to the others present, he decided to award me with Best Painted!  I was stoked!  I am much prouder to have won that then the tournament itself (which went to fellow Fresh Coaster Tau4Eva and his mech BA list, btw).

Stay tuned here and at freshcoast40k.com for more.  6th edition wishlists, video batreps and much more are on the horizon!

Later



2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! I will say if you have a fully painted army it just means you don't have a large enough collection :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never said I had a fully painted collection...

    ReplyDelete